|Open Date||Nov 19 2020 - 04:30:00 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Fitness Instructor||Posting Type||Contract - Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract (Defined Term)|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||variable hours based on program schedule|
|Department||Parks Recreation and Culture||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||Company||Municipality of Port Hope|
|Location||Municipality of Port Hope, Ontario|
|Salary Range||$25.00 - $40.00/hour|
Fitness Instructor (One Year Contract)
Parks, Recreation and Culture
Purpose of the Position:
The Fitness Instructor is responsible to assist in the planning and delivery of fitness programs offered by the department of Parks, Recreation and Culture and the supervision of the program participants; ensure compliance with fitness standards, HIGH FIVE® standards, the Health and Safety Regulations and Municipal Policies and procedures in cooperation with the Recreation and Culture Coordinator, Child and Youth Coordinator, and/or Older Adult Activity Coordinator
- Secondary School Diploma preferred.
- Certification as a fitness instructor specialist with Canfitpro, TRX, Canadian Yoga Alliance or other certifying body.
- Specialty certifications such as: Zumba, Pilates is an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR “C” with AED.
- Experience working with adults and older adult groups.
- HIGH FIVE ®: Principles of Healthy Aging is preferred.
- Valid and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (Police Records Check)
COVID-19 - Important Notice:
Precautions are in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Service information on some pages may not be accurate during this time. Please refer to our COVID-19 Updates page for service changes.